John Metcalfe
John Metcalfe

John Metcalfe | john-metcalfe.co.uk | Official

The official website of John Metcalfe with news, discography, live gigs, downloads, shop and more

11 January 2009
Update 
Finally had time to update things. The MBM tour was a runaway success and contained so many memorable moments particularly playing to a packed Festival Hall for the last show. There are loads of YouTube clips posted so do have a look. Everyone was amazing - the Bays, Jules Buckley, the orchestra, Adam and the AV guys and all the crew did such an outstanding job. I have to single out fellow composer Simon Hale who night after night turned out the most incredible music. The man is bionic. We also did some great shows as the support - cds flying out the door and exceptional response which was a very lovely thing. I keep saying it but thank you to everyone who showed up.

So 2009 is looking nice and busy. I am currently working with a legend (can't say who yet) for a possible album release this year - very exciting. Tom Kerstens's album which contains some of my work is also set for release on Real World Records and my collaboration with cellist Matthew Barley will be resumed now that his shoulder has recovered. Just at the end of last year I contributed some strings to Babyshambles' new album and I worked with Imagined Village's Simon Emmerson on his new project which was sounding very beautiful though I say it myself!

My involvement with Kings Place in London has picked up pace. Alongside the 2 concerts I have curated for the Spring series I am planning a 4-day festival in Hall One during early October. Early days but some exciting artists are already involved. More as soon as I have it.

Labels: , , , ,



John Metcalfe
John Metcalfe
John Metcalfe
John Metcalfe
John Metcalfe
John Metcalfe